Monday, July 25, 2016

Tuesday @ Ten - STRONG




It is time to link up with Karen for Tuesday @ Ten; actually, it's just about the end of the time period to get a post written!


I love linking up with Karen and her "followers".  I love connecting with others in our writing; the time just gets away from me and I usually end up at the last minute.

Actually, I sometimes have trouble with the word "clicking"; but it finally has...So, here I am Sunday night hopefully getting a post written...


This week's prompt is - 
Strong or Strength


I wouldn't exactly say I was strong; last week I wrote about being Secure ... read that post here.

But, being secure isn't the same as being strong.  I don't mean strong as in having the strength to lift things; but strong in my beliefs and feelings.  Perhaps strong and secure may be alike after all?

As I was pondering this word today, the words to one of my favorite hymns came to mind:

Just a Closer Walk with Thee
{author unknown/anonymous}

"I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

{refrain}

Just a closer walk with Thee;
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea;
Daily walking close to Thee;
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o'er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o'er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Just a closer walk with Thee;
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea;
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be."

The only line I could remember at first was "I am weak, but Thou art strong..."


I know that my strength comes from Him; and even though I may not be strong enough for whatever task may lie ahead of me...


He is strong enough for both of us, and will give me what I need for the journey, wherever that journey may take me!


No, I may not be strong enough in my faith or beliefs or how I feel about politics or religion;

I may not be a great speaker that can capture the attention of many and share my views.  And, I may not be the greatest at expressing myself, either in writing or speaking...

But, I do know that as I walk with Him daily, and grow closer to Him, I can stand strong in how I feel and who I am...and will walk confidently with Him until I reach His "kingdom shore."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!