Monday, July 25, 2016

"Let Them Come" - Prompt 13/21


Today's prompt is titled "24 Hours with God in History" where we choose a time we would like to spend with God.

Actually, I am calling this "Let Them Come" because I would love to spend time with God's only Son, Jesus, with the little children.

I don't know if I would want to be one of the children, or to come to Him as I am, at whatever age or state of life I happen to be in.

I just know I would love to be in His presence!

The disciples tried to stop the children from coming to Jesus; they didn't want them to "bother Him".  But, Jesus stopped them from keeping the children away, saying:

"Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these" (Matthew 19:14).


Found on Pinterest
Shared by Framed Legacy

For a whole day - 24 hours - I would love to be part of these children surrounding Jesus, faces smiling joyously as He speaks with them; as He reaches out His hand to brush away a stray hair, or a stray tear.

Jesus would spend time with the group of children, then reach out to them individually.  I would wait patiently for Jesus to reach out His hand to me...and would anxiously place my hand into His as we walked away together.

I would share my joys and concerns with Him; and listen intently as He eased my concerns and celebrated my joys.


Found on Pinterest

I could learn so much in Jesus' presence, even for that short time.  His acceptance of me, for who I am, would ease my anxiety and allow me to open up to Him.  We would share with each other, friend to friend!

A fave hymn of mine is "What a Friend We have in Jesus" (by Joseph M. Scriven 1820-1886).  The second verse says,


"Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
Take it to the Lord in prayer."

The 24 hours would end before I could blink my eyes.  Yet...

He is always beside me; "He walks with me and talks with me..."  (from "I Come to the Garden Alone" - also known as "In the Garden.")


Found on Pinterest

All I have to do is reach out to His outstretched hand, waiting for me, and grab hold!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!