Friday, July 15, 2016

Art Pass - Prompt 9/21


There are so many ideas and options for today's prompt.  My "art" is scrapbooking, card-making, and other such crafts.  I am not an artist - as in painting r drawing or sculpting.

But, I do love to look at art pieces!

As for a favorite artist or art piece, that is easy ...

and hard!

First, my fave artist:  Thomas Kinkade

For many years, I have been a big fan of the artwork of "The Painter of Light."  My most favorite paintings are those of lighthouses, with the quaint little cottages a close second.  I also love his landscapes and the little chapels in the woods.




I actually own a print by Kinkade that was purchased at an auction while on a cruise.  It is that of a beautiful chapel in the woods;

Unfortunately, I have never had it framed; and don't really have the space to hang a large painting in our small apartment.

But, it was fun to join my friends at the auction, and to actually "win" the print!

Well, having an artist in the family means that Thomas Kinkade takes second place!

My son-in-law, Thony, is an amazing, powerful artist - I may be a bit partial!


Thony
Self-Portrait

His paintings have hung in a number of galleries, such as the Gutstein Gallery in Savannah, GA; the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, in Jacksonville, FL; and is currently shown in the gallery at Florida State College of Jacksonville as a solo showing called "Breath from the Sky".

Read more about this solo show and about the artist, Thony Aiuppy, at Breath from the Sky.

Here are a couple of the paintings Thony has recently shown:


"The Hope that the Present Has Brought Us"


"The Faith that the Dark Past Has Brought Us" 


Thony also gives talks on the stories behind his paintings; has taught classes and held camps for children and adults alike;

And he does this while being Daddy to three young children!!

He has certainly amazed his family and made us very proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!