Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Rewriting Scripture - Prompt 6/21


I have done this before...re-writing scripture.

When I worked as a church secretary, I would re-write the Psalm to be used as a Call to Worship for church worship on Sunday.

Last year for the "21 Days of Journaling in January", I used Psalm 6 for the 6th prompt, also called "Re-writing Scripture".  Read it here.

Today, I have written a short poem to re-write Psalm 116:1-4.  This scripture meant a lot to me after a horrible attack in 1998...

But, first, here is the scripture:

Found on Pinterest
Shared by instapray.com


"I love the Lord,
because He has heard my voice
and my supplications.
Because He inclined His ear to me,
therefore I will call on Him
as long as I live.
The snares of death encompassed me;
the pangs of Sheol laid hold on me;
I suffered distress and anguish.
Then I called on the name of the Lord:
 'O Lord, I pray,
save my life!'  "
Psalm 116:1-4 (NRSV)

And, the poem I wrote based on the same verses:

Found on Pinterest


The Lord has heard
My quiet cry;
He bent His ear
To find out why.
I will call His name
My whole life long;
To my Heavenly Father
I will forever belong.
He saved my life
From death and strife
When I cried to Him,
"Lord, save my life!"
BJL - 7/11/16


And, that is my re-written scripture!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!