Friday, December 12, 2014

December 11th - On the Menu

When I shared my Favorite Christmas Food, I included three recipes: Corn Casserole, Sweet Potato Casserole, and Banana Pudding.  If you missed them, click here to go back to December 5th.

Today I would like to share a couple more recipes we enjoy during the holidays; or any time of the year!  We don't have our menu set for Christmas Dinner yet; but these just may be a part of it!


BANANA BREAD

What better breakfast than a warm slice of Banana Bread?!


1/2 cup Butter
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 cup Sugar
3 Bananas, mashed
1/4 cup Nuts
(Optional; I don't use nuts
as many people are allergic!)

Mix all ingredients together; pour in greased bread pan.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
ENJOY with butter or cream cheese,
or just hot out of the oven!

##########


FRUIT SALSA

While waiting for that delicioius Christmas Dinner to be ready, try a fruit salsa along with some cinnamon pita chips.  


1 Banana
1 Gala Apple
2 Kiwi
1 small can crushed pineapple

16 oz. frozen sliced strawberries, thawed

Chop apple, kiwi and bananas; mix chopped fruit with strawberries and pineapple.  I have left out the kiwi in making this because of a friend who could not eat kiwi; I substituted mandarin oranges, and it was just as good!  You could probably mix up almost any fruit and it wold still taste great!

Be sure to refrigerate the fruit salsa until ready to serve.

Eat with cinnamon tortilla chips (my daughter actually made her own cinnamon pita chips; but I "cheated" and bought mine at the store).

##########


CHICKEN CASSEROLE

Our former minister's wife shared this recipe with everyone!  She would always bring it to our church's covered-dish dinners!  It's great for leftover chicken (or turkey!), and may be found on our menu for Christmas Dinner - or any other time we have a family get-together!




1 fryer, boiled or baked (or you can use pieces, if you prefer)
1 stick margarine
1-8oz. package of Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup broth from chicken

Melt margarine in 9x14/2 dish.  Pour margarine over stuffing and mix thoroughly.  Put half the stuffing in bottom of casserole.  Spread chicken over stuffing and pour 1/2 cup of broth over this.  Mix soup and sour cream together and spread over chicken.  Top with rest of the stuffing and pour 1/2 cup of broth over top.  Bake in preheated (350) oven for 30-40 minutes.


 What's for Dinner?  Not quite sure yet; but soon we will be planning the menu for our special Christmas Dinner.  What's for Dinner at your house?




Linking up December 1 - 25



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!