Friday, December 12, 2014

FMF - PREPARE

It's Thursday night and time to link up with Kate Motaung and other bloggers for Five Minute Friday!  Once we receive our one word prompt, we are to write for five minutes - without thinking about what we are writing or doing any editing to our post!  Try it!  I find it challenging and it encourages me to continue writing.


Today's word is "PREPARE" -

 

We are told that when we pray, we should ask for "the desires of our heart".  We should give it all to God and let Him handle our problems, give us the things we need, and maybe even some of the things we want.

When I was a teenager, I prayed for a sister!  I don't remember all of the circumstances, but at one time we were "fostering" a little baby - and I just knew she was to be my new baby sister.  It didn't quite work out that way.  I don't know why or what happened.  Maybe her "real" mother came and wanted her back.  But, that was a "desire of my heart" that I truly wanted - at the time.

As an adult, and a military wife - handling two small children on my own - I had to PREPARE for all things needed for us while my husband was away.  Some months, I would pray our way to church..."God, just let the gas last long enough to get us to church and back; and get to the gas station when our money comes in".  It always worked!  We always seemed to make it from month to month, getting to church and other activities - and just in time, get gas in the car!

There have been times when I would yearn for time to spend with my children and grand children.  I won't go so far as to say I prayed for it; but it was surely something that I wanted, especially when I retired.  But, God saw into my heart and knew what I "desired".  And, He fulfilled that yearning - 

When I lost my job in 2010, I was devastated!  What was I - an almost 60 year old woman - going to do about finding a job...well, without going completely into that story - I found a temporary job; I found a seasonal job; and I found the flexibility to be able to spend more time with my children and grand children...The Desires of My Heart!

Well, now that I am "retired on disability", those desires have certainly been fulfilled!  Although I wasn't PREPARED to be let go from my job; or to lose my temporary job; I was able to take advantage of what I wanted most - to be able to spend more time with my children and grand children, and to work on my hobby - scrapbooking!

Thank you, God, for giving me "the desires of my heart"!




6 comments:

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!