Wednesday, December 24, 2014

GIVE

Today I am linking up with Karen for Tuesday @ Ten; she posts a word prompt on her website and we have until the next Monday to write our post based on that word.


Today's word is - GIVE

On my Sunday Reflections for the 4th Sunday of Advent, I shared the following scripture:

Acts 20:35 - "In all this I have given you an example that by such work we must support the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, for he himself said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

What we usually hear from this scripture is the "...more blessed to give than to receive" part of this scripture!

And it is a blessing to give of ourselves to others - whether it be through gifts of time or money or special little things we may share.  We receive a blessing in the giving to others.

I also shared in that post how hard it has been for me to be on the receiving end of gifts because I love to give; I am a giver of gifts.

Over the past few months, I have received many blessings - via comments from others who have read my blog posts, some on a daily basis!  

I have also been the recipient of special gifts from a couple of my friends - unexpected gifts that have touched my heart.

And I am learning that when we receive a gift or a blessing from someone, we are allowing them to be the giver.  No matter how hard it may be to receive, we must graciously accept their gifts.

But that certainly does not mean that we quit being a giver!  And give as often and as much as we can with what we have been given by God...and I think Maya Angelou has said it very well:





If you would like to read the post that I have mentioned, click here:

http://scrapper123.blogspot.com/2014/12/4th-sunday-of-advent-love.html






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!