Tuesday, December 16, 2014

December 13th - Counting Down to Christmas



I don't really remember, as a child, the actual "counting down" to Christmas.  I'm sure we didn't have anything such as an Advent Calendar.  In fact, I didn't know what Advent was until I became an adult and started attending the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).

While living in Germany with my first husband - and my son, where he was born June 1973! - I purchased an Advent Calendar similar to the one pictured above.  This Advent Calendar was used for many years with my children as they were growing up.

Later, I purchased a new one which was used for many years before it was handed down to my youngest daughter (more about that and other traditions and items that have been "handed down" in my post for December 15 about Decorations).

Now that I am retired, the days just run from one day to the next and I have to ask - "What day IS it, anyway?"  It's hard to keep up with the days, much less the date without some sort of a calendar - which is usually our wall calender or my pocket planner.

This year, I am doing a better job of keeping up with the days - especially since I joined with other bloggers for December 1 - 25 for Blogmas 2014!  Each day, using the prompts that were given at the beginning of the month, I write my post and link up with the others at Blogmas 2014 for our daily posts.  By reading others' blogs and following along with the prompts, it has helped keep me on track for what things need to be done during this season of the year.

Checking Pinterest as well as reading some of the other bloggers' count down traditions, I may be onto "making" something to be used for next year!


Linking up for Blogmas 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!