Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December 22 and 23 - Preparing and Favorite Stories

The BIG DAY is almost here - and if we aren't prepared for it yet, there is only ONE MORE DAY LEFT to buy and wrap those VERY LAST MINUTE GIFTS!

Missed yesterday with my Blogmas posts; so I am attempting to merge the two: Day in the Life as you Prepare for the Big Day and Favorite Christmas Story.

Today was spent with my daughters, sons-in-law and grandchildren baking and decorating sugar cookies!  I stayed longer than I had originally planned because of needing to wrap all the gifts I had stashed away at home.

But, after dinner and cleaning up the kitchen, I managed to wrap all but three before my back gave out on me...

I will finish those in the morning!

Camera batter is "exhausted"
so I found these beautifully wrapped gifts
on Pinterest!


Now, to share favorite Christmas stories!

First, an old favorite:

...and so the story continues!

Then a new favorite:

I watched The Polar Express a few years ago with my older grandson and enjoyed it so much that I watched it multiple times since!  The movie was a bit "scary" for a 3 1/2 year old; so I haven't watched it with that grandson and know there will be many more times available for me to watch it again with him and his younger siblings!

But, the most wonderful story, and the REASON we celebrate the SEASON - 

...the story we read in the Bible - Luke 2 - the story of the Birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

"She gave birth to her first child, a son.
She wrapped him snugly in strips of cloth
and laid him in a manger,
because there was no lodging available for them."
Luke 2:7 NLT


Linking with other bloggers for Blogmas 2014 - 
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will be posted...but I am not sure exactly when that will be posted!

May you all have a Merry Christmas Eve and Day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!