Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 12th - Winter Wonderland


While I love to see the beautiful snow scenes - the Winter Wonderland type of winters - and would love to spend a Christmas in the mountains, enjoying something like this...


and take a stroll, or maybe a sleigh ride, across a beautiful bridge like this...


or spend an afternoon creating a snowman in the yard...


The reality for one who lives in the Sunshine State - Florida - is more like this...


This picture was taken in November, 2013; but that is what our Autumn/Winter usually looks like here in Florida!  This year there is actually more green...

Today's weather is around 50ish and sunny; not too chilly.  It was cool enough this morning for me to wear a long-sleeved shirt and a light-weight hoodie - without the hoodie!

And, it is not uncommon to find people walking along the beach at this time of year!  The week of Thanksgiving, my son and daughter-in-law took my granddaughter, grandson, and a friend to the beach for a photo op - to "recreate" photos from 10 years ago...


Granddaughter Sophie (7)
Grandson Shayne (5)
Family Friend Emily (6)
January 2004


10 Years Later
December 2014


Perhaps one year - and this should be on my "Bucket List"! - I will spend the holidays in NYC and in the mountains where I may be able to enjoy the snowy weather!




Linking up December 1 - 25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!