Friday, January 16, 2015

Five Minute Friday: Send

Once again it is Thursday night, and I will be linking up with Kate and all the other FMFers!  It's exciting to read what other bloggers write on the very same word; and see how so many others are thinking and writing in the same direction as first comes to my mind!  Join us for the FMF Party!

Tonight's word is: SEND

Ready, Set...GO!


This word - send - speaks to me in a couple of ways;

The first thought was how much I love to send cards to people for special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.  I also send "thinking of you" and "get well" cards...

that's a true statement - but a false one!  Because I love to send them...

but sometimes I let the thought go away too quickly and forget to get the card ready to mail in time, or at all!

Confession time!  I really do want to be on top of things and send cards when needed...

The other thought on the word send is that God sends us to do His work - as He sent so many that we read about in the Bible.  As He has sent so many missionaries and preachers and teachers.

And we are not all called to be missionaries or preachers or teachers; we may just be - well, a mother or grandmother or wife or daughter or aunt or friend - that has heard His call to be sent!

I love the hymn "Here I am, Lord" written by Daniel L. Schutte.  It is found in the Chalice Hymnal that we use in our church.  The refrain, especially, is clearly speaking to our being sent by God!

"Here I am, Lord.
Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord,
if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart."

I love that song; it brings tears to my eyes each time I sing it - 

and I wonder, where would He send me?  Would He send me?  Would I really go?



And I am also thinking maybe my call may be to send those cards and letters - letting people know I care, I am here for them, and I am praying for them.

Maybe there is some other place, or for some other purpose, that God will send me...

I can only pray that when I hear that call, I will be ready to get up and go to where He will send me...

and if I can "steal" from another's blog...

perhaps it is to be where I am now!


(Well, I didnt' check the clock; and I know it's been more than five minutes)!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!