Friday, January 23, 2015

RJD Day 13 Prompt - God, Aslan and Creation

Sharing Day 13 of Random Journal Day's "21 Days of Journaling in January"; check Dawn's blog here and join the fun!


Today's prompt is to write about a time in history that you would like to spend with God.  I thought about what Biblical "story" I would want to be there for; but, at first couldn't quite decide when that day would be.

But, after reading "The Magician's Nephew", Book #6 of "The Chronicles of Narnia" series, I decided I would like to be there when God created the heavens and 
the earth:

"In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters.  Then God said, 'Let there be light'; and there was light."  (Genesis 1:1-3 - NRSV)


So, why did "The Magician's Nephew" inspire me to choose being with God for the creation?  This book, though it is #6 in the series, was actually written after the first five!  It was written to tell the story of Narnia's creation!

In Genesis, "the earth was formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep..."; in "The Magician's Nephew", Aslan "sings Narnia into existence" from the dark nothingness.


Reading about the creation os Narnia showed me just how God made everything we have out of nothingness!!

And made me wonder what it would be like to actually see God at work, creating our world and everything in it!

What an awesome sight that must have been!

Thank you, God, for creation!  Thank you for those who have a creative mind and who write beautiful stories that share Your truths!  May we use the resources You have created to share Your Good News.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!