Thursday, January 22, 2015

RJD Day 12 Prompt - Literary Love

Sharing Day 12 of Random Journal Day's "21 Days of Journaling in January"; check Dawn's blog here and join the fun!


I have come to LOVE C. S. Lewis!

Thanks to my daughter, I at least knew who he was; and actually saw the movie, The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

But...

I had never read any of his books, including The Lion...but loved the movie enough to buy the video!

I can now say - "I have almost finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia - all seven books of the series; I only have a few more pages to read!"

My daughter attended Wheaton College in Wheaton, IL - not very far from Chicago!  On one of my visits, we went to The Wade Center located on campus...

one of the permanent pieces on display in the museum is a wardrobe that was owned by C. S. Lewis!  When I read the book "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe", I was taken back to that museum!
Photo courtesy of
http://www.wheaton.edu/wadecenter/Welcome/Museum/Museum-Artifacts

Inside the wardrobe, just for fun, is a sign that reads: "Warning!  Enter at your own risk.  The Wade Center assumes no responsibility for persons who disappear or are lost in the wardrobe."  But it is too fragile for any visitors to actually step inside!



Check out more information on the Wade Center here.

C. S. Lewis has written many other books; and I hope to read more of them - and read more about him.  But, for now, I'll just share a few quotes:

"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again."

"A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest."

I can certainly agree with both of those statements!  Enjoyed reading The Chronicles of Narnia - a fairytale, for sure...

and reading them encouraged me to write my own fairytale for Random Journal Days' "21 Days of Journaling in January"; check it out here.




So, I will leave you with this last quote:

"Child, to say the very thing you really mean, the whole of it, nothing more or less or other than what you really mean; that's the whole art and joy of words."

And what are words for than to share them with others in our blogs!!  Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!