Wednesday, January 7, 2015

RJD Day 2 Prompt - Milestones or Moments

Sharing Day 2 of Random Journal Day's 21 "Days of Journaling in January" - Check it out here and join the fun!




As one who scrapbooks, I can speak personally about those "milestones" that we want to make sure makes it into the photo albums!


The Weddings
Melissa and Thony
2005


The Anniversaries
My Grandparents 50th
1974


The Births
Oldest Daughter
PG with her Second Son
2008


The Birthdays
3rd Birthday
2014


And these "milestones" are only a few of many more:  graduations, new jobs, new cars, major family vacations, etc.

But...

As Rose Kennedy reminds us:  "Life isn't a matter of milestones..."

So, we also remember the "moments" or the "ordinary" - the every day moments in our life that are also milestones we want to remember...

Just Hanging Out


Attending a Ball Game


Going to the Zoo


Hiding in a Tent at Home


Playing Outside


When we look back on our lives - will we remember only the major "milestones"; or will we remember and share the "ordinary" days, too?

Hoping they will all be remembered - and scrapbooks are a great way of helping to preserve those memories!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!