Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook - September 28, 2015


Linking up with


Back to a Monday with Peggy and all the other "daybookers"!  It's after noon, but it's Monday!  So...


FOR TODAY
September 28, 2015


Outside My Window:  The temp has been about 10 degrees lower than it was a few weeks ago; so that would be around 80's!!  As far as I can tell, it is still more summer than fall!  But...rain is predicted!


I am Hearing:  "Chopped" on the Food Network channel...

I am Thinking About:  What projects I want to take with me to work on while at the Puppy Crop scrapbooking retreat in a couple of weeks!

I am Thankful for:  The leadership at church that implemented the Childrens' Art Center 10 years ago!

I believe children should be exposed to the arts: singing, dancing, musical instruments, sports, art...whatever may be included in "the arts"!  In my opinion, schools are wrong when these are the things that are cut when the budget gets tight.  I don't know what alternative they would cut, but feel this area is just as important as "reading, writing and 'rithmetic".

I am Praying for: {continuing to pray for} Our church and the task assigned to the Pastoral Search Committee of finding an Interim Minister, and ultimately, a permanent minister. 

I am Wearing:  My bright fuschia, pink and white flowered pj's (top to bottom!) and my crocs.

I am Creating:  Most of my cuts are done for the "travel" layout for a page swap; just have 20 hot air balloosns to cut!  I have a "template" to go by and will begin putting the layout together later, at the retreat starting October 9th.

I am Going:  I am so thankful that this is a lighter week than last week!  Today, I am doing my normal - writing, laundry, reading, preparing for a women's meeting lesson in a couple of weeks...and getting ready for the "write31days" challenge beginning on Thursday, October 1st!  Yikes...it is coming SOON!


The only places I need to go are to a Pastor Search team meeting on Tuesday evening; and choir rehearsal on Wednesday evening.  

The only other place I'll be going is on Saturday for a  Disciples' Women's meeting in Orlando, FL.  It will be a very inspirational meeting, including a luncheon and great uplifting speakers.  Excited to attend...


Unless something else comes up...I'm home bound to get things organized for the retreat, which includes some writing done ahead of time!


I am Wondering:  If I should go ahead and get dressed today or stay in my pj's...nah!  I think I'll just stay in myy comfy pj's today!  {Looks like some very deep thinking going on here today!}




I am Reading:  Persevered and finished reading the last book, ""Into the Darkest Corner" by Elizabeth Haynes...a very intense book about a young woman who was being physically abused by her boyfriend.  It was a very eye-opening book; I know this happens to women and years ago couldn't understand why they didn't just "get out" of the relationship.  I realize it is not that easy to do...

So, after taking a couple of days off from reading, I finally picked up another book on Friday; and started reading "Juliet" by Anne Fortier...check out the first paragraph that gives an idea of what the book is  may be about:


"Twenty-five year old Julie Jacobs is heart-broken over the death of her beloved Aunt Rose.  But the shock goes even deeper when she learns that the woman who has been like a mother to her has left her entire estate to Julie's twin sister.  The only thing Julie receives is a key - one carried by her mother on the day she herself died - to a safety-deposit box in Siena, Italy."


Sounds intriguing, doesn't it?!  I just love a mystery; especially one that brings in some historical real stuff!



I am Excited for:  The Puppy Crop" scrapbooking weekend...it means I get to scrapbook as long as I want; enjoy my friends as we talk, and craft and catch up and create and...whatever else we can think of doing!


Our Last "Puppy Crop"
May 2015

The theme for our last retreat was "Mardi Gras" even though it was already May!  This time, the theme will be Minions - as in "Our Volunteers (and other supporters!) are One in a Minion"...can't wait!




The weekend will be full of fun, friendships old and new, food, crafting, and lots of dogs to "oooh" and "aaah" over...and one who is about to have her puppies!  What fun that will be!!

I am Learning to:  What am I learning?  I still have not figured that out yet!

In My Kitchen:  No sure yet; probably some fried fish fillets, french fries and a veggie?



I am Pondering:  I don't think I need to "ponder" what I just "wondered"!  Today, I am pondering the questions in our resource book we are using as a Pastor Search team; we will be discussing prayer and praying and what we are looking for in a minister and...

Yeah, these types of "pondering" have me also pondering my own spiritual journey.


A Fave Scripture Thought:  "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."  (Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV).


I will be pondering this scripture and others in the next few weeks for a post I'll be doing later...more on this as I get closer to the date!!


A Fave Quote:  On ABC-TV in March 1998, I jotted down this quote that Stevie Wonder said on "A Tribute to Christopher Reeve"...


"Just because one can't see doesn't mean he doesn't have vision; and just because one can't walk doesn't mean he can't go the distance."

I think this can apply to almost any "lack of" that we may feel we have.


And that ends another week's Simple Woman's Daybook...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read my post today! I appreciate your reading and commenting - your comments are a welcome encouragement for me to continue one of my favorite things - writing!

You are special to me; and your words help in more ways than I can number...Thank you just isn't enough!